Starting Wage: $13.50
Starting Wage: $13.50
NW Community Alliance is HIRING FOR A PART-TIME JOB COACH. Job coaches work with individuals with intellectual/development disabilities to obtain jobs in the community. As Job Coach, you will support the individual with I/DD to learn the tasks of the job and transition into the job. You will help the individual build relationships with their coworkers, learn about the rules of the business, and support them in being successful at work.
Skills, Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Analyze job tasks, break down into constituent parts and utilize optimal job training to ensure mastery. Negotiate work modifications and provide ongoing individual support and encouragement to individuals.
- Assist individuals with job preparation activities such as resumes, cover letters, mock interviews and mobility training.
- Use creative approaches to help the people supported achieve successful outcomes.
- Observe the work site culture and assist the worker in building a social bond with supervisors and coworkers that result in “natural supports”.
- Maintain positive relations with the Community Developmental Disabilities Program (CDDP), Vocational Rehabilitation, as well as other state entities, the brokerages, and all professionals associated with operations of NW Community Alliance’s interests.
- Communicate verbally and in writing, as necessary, with program managers, job developers, employers, funding sources and other advocates to assure a clear understanding of each person’s progress and need for continue support and fading.
- Ensure all required documentation is complete, timely, accurate and representative of a professional organization.
- Engage in ongoing learning in area of responsibility.
- Promote North West Community Alliance’s presence and standing in the community.
- Establish / implement quality outcomes for individuals.
- Track individual supported progress towards goals and objectives.
The position is located in Gearhart, OR, but you will work in and with local businesses from Astoria to Cannon Beach.
For more info on the position, contact Chuck Huber, Employment Director, at 503.861.3372 ext. 226.